If someone is pressuring you to do anything that's not right or good for you, you have the right to resist. You have the right to say no, the right not to give a reason why, and the right to just walk away from a situation.
Resisting pressure can be hard for some people.Why?
- are afraid of being rejected by others
- want to be liked and don’t want to lose a friend
- don’t want to be made fun of
- don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings
- aren’t sure of what they really want
- don’t know how to get out of the situation
Sometimes resisting isn’t easy, but you can do it with practice and a little know-how. Keep trying, even if you don’t get it right at first. To get started, check out Quick Tips.
Quick Tips: You can resist alcohol or anything else you may feel pressured into. These tips will make resisting a little easier. Print it, cut it out, and stash it somewhere safe where you can peek at it if you need a refresher.